In December of 1988, the newest and most outlandish creation
to come out of Italy was unveiled to the press in a lavish coming out party
that took place in Los Angeles, California. Just before the Los Angeles International Auto Show, Claudio Zampolli
and Academy Award Winning Composer Giorgio Moroder unveiled to the world the
first 16-cylinder sports car. Yes, 16
cylinders! Long before Volkswagon
showed a version of a W16 motor to the world. Long before Bugatti hit the streets with the Veyron, the Cizeta-Moroder
V16T would be the world’s first 16 cylinder sports car.
Gracing the covers of magazines the world over, garnering
attention because of the people behind it, the Cizeta-Moroder was well received
by anyone who glimpsed it. The car
stopped anyone in their tracks, and never failed to grab the headlines in the
automotive press world.
Unfortunately the Cizeta-Moroder partnership ended, and the
car would never be known by that label again.
It would simply be known as the Cizeta V16T. Production would commence years after the prototype was unveiled,
and cease less than four years later, with only a handful of cars delivered.
While Cizeta is not dead, it is only alive to someone
willing to write a substantial six-figure check to obtain a car. And, although the car was designed for the
U.S. market, not a single car was ever ordered or delivered to a U.S.
This book will chronicle the birth, rise, and fall of Cizeta Automobili. How Claudio came up with the crazy idea, and
some of the crazy things he did to get the car off the drawing board and into a
running prototype. Giorgio’s
involvement and ultimate departure from the company. And, a pictorial guide of all ten (10) cars that have been built.
A pictorial history that covers everything including:
The concepts for the car
Logo designs and iterations
- Who was originally supposed to be the financial backer for the
car (famous actor)
- The test mule that started an urban legend that continues to
this day, all surrounding the Ferrari 308
- The first prototype, and the differences and changes made
between prototype and production cars
The Hollywood unveiling of the
- The factory and building process
- A sampling of automotive magazine articles written about the Cizeta
- A pictorial guide to all ten cars that were built
- Photos of the Cizeta at various car shows
- An in depth look at the only Cizeta V16T Fenice Spyder built
- A guide to collectible items produced for the Cizeta enthusiast
- A look at where the company is today
Estimated at over 200 pages and over 250 photos, covering every car ever built.
In addition to the book, a DVD video will be included that
The Hollywood unveiling ceremony in December 1988
- A music video shot in 2005 of one of the cars
- A video of the Cizeta V16T Fenice Spyder and the audio
capturing session for a famous video game
- A video slideshow of all the cars in the book set to the music
that was written for the Cizeta unveiling
The DVD will be included only with the
initial printing of the Ultimate Edition book.
This book will be a limited edition one time pressing, and
is currently slated to be produced in very limited numbers.
Contact us now to be put on the list of fans who want to own
a piece of Cizeta history!